TO PREPARE COMPETENT ENTRY-LEVEL SURGICAL TECHNOLGISTS IN THE COGNITIVE (KNOWLEDGE), PSYCHOMOTOR (SKILLS) AND AFFECTIVE (BEHAVIOR) LEARNING DOMAINS.
Prerequisite: Contact career counselor for details at 580.242.2750
The surgical technology student learns to handle the instruments, supplies and equipment necessary for surgical procedure and develops an understanding of various procedures in clinical settings. Students have the opportunity for clinical experiences in the operating room, central processing, anesthesia, cardiac catheterization lab, outpatient department, endoscopy and the post anesthesia care unit.
CAREERS AVAILABLE IN THE INDUSTRY:
• Surgical centers
• Physicians’ offices
• Private technologists
• Medical sales representative
• Traveling surgical technologist
Kim Daughhetee is a graduate of the Autry Technology Center Surgical Technology Program. She is a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) with twenty-three years of experience in the field of surgical technology. She loves the challenge of teaching and working hard to make sure her students are grasping concepts and skills necessary to be a successful surgical technologist. Ms. Daughhetee has been Autry’s Surgical Technology Program Director since 2002.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS:
• Tech in Surgery – Certified (TS-C) through the National Center for Competency Testing
• Central Sterile Processing Technician exam administered by CBSPD
•Central Sterile Processing Technician exam administered by IAHCSMM
• Surgical Technologist exam through the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education
• American Heart Association- BLS Healthcare Provider CPR
• OSHA 10 Healthcare