TO PREPARE COMPETENT ENTRY-LEVEL SURGICAL TECHNOLGISTS IN THE COGNITIVE (KNOWLEDGE), PSYCHOMOTOR (SKILLS) AND AFFECTIVE (BEHAVIOR) LEARNING DOMAINS.
Prerequisite: Contact career counselor for details at 580.242.2750
The surgical technology student learns to handle the instruments, supplies and equipment necessary for surgical procedure and develops an understanding of various procedures in clinical settings. Students have the opportunity for clinical experiences in the operating room, central processing, anesthesia, cardiac catheterization lab, outpatient department, endoscopy and the post anesthesia care unit.
Per Hour (OK Salary Ranges)
2020 Oklahoma salary ranges were obtained from O*Net OnLine
Kim Daughhetee is a graduate of the 1994 Autry Technology Center Surgical Technology Program. She loves the challenges of teaching and working hard to make sure her students are grasping concepts and skills necessary to be a successful surgical technologist. Ms. Daughhetee has been Autry Tech’s Surgical Technology Program Coordinator/Instructor since 2002.
CAREERS AVAILABLE IN THE INDUSTRY:
- Surgical centers
- Physicians’ offices
- Private technologists
- Medical sales representative
- Traveling surgical technologist
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Tech in Surgery – Certified (TS-C) through the National Center for Competency Testing
- Central Sterile Processing Technician exam administered by CBSPD
- Central Sterile Processing Technician exam administered by IAHCSMM
- Surgical Technologist competency exam through the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education
- American Heart Association- BLS Healthcare Provider CPR
- OSHA 10 Healthcare
EXPLORE RELATED PROGRAMS:
STEPS TO APPLY
CONTACT A CAREER COUNSELOR AFTER RECEIVING A CONFIRMATION EMAIL.
A CAREER COUNSELOR WILL ADVISE ENROLLMENT OPTIONS.
WHERE TO APPLY
AUTRY TECHNOLOGY CENTER
1201 W. WILLOW ROAD
ENID, OK 73703
AVAILABLE TO HELP PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS EXPLORE CAREER CHOICES.
STOP BY OR CALL 580.242.2750
TO DISCUSS OPPORTUNITIES.