TO PREPARE STUDENTS TO BE EMPLOYED IN EARLY CARE AND HOSPITALITY, FOOD SERVICE, OR HOUSEKEEPING.
This program prepares students for a rewarding career that shapes the lives of young children. It highlights classroom management along with child development, health, safety and nutrition. Students work with children, ages infant to five-years-old, in community early care and education centers. They create lesson plans that provide fun and instructional activities for the children.
Per Hour (OK Salary Ranges)
2020 Oklahoma salary ranges were obtained from O*Net OnLine
Tammie Conaway holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Northwestern Oklahoma State University. She began teaching in 1998 and came to Autry Tech in 2001. Mrs. Conaway’s goal is to help each of her students find their passion in life.
CAREERS AVAILABLE IN THE INDUSTRY:
- Early care and education entry-level teacher
- Early care and education teacher assistant
- Early care and education master teacher
- Early care and education director
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS:
- OKDHS-Entry Level Child Care Training
- OKDHS-Teacher Assistant
- OKDHS-Master Teacher
- OKDHS-Infant/Toddler Child Care Provider
- OKDHS-Child Care Director
- Heartsaver-CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant
- Food Handlers
- Early Learning Guidelines for Infants, Toddlers and Twos
- Early Learning Guidelines for 3-5 year olds
- Safe Sleep Training
EXPLORE RELATED PROGRAMS:
- Culinary Arts
STEPS TO APPLY
CONTACT A CAREER COUNSELOR AFTER RECEIVING A CONFIRMATION EMAIL.
A CAREER COUNSELOR WILL ADVISE ENROLLMENT OPTIONS.
WHERE TO APPLY
AUTRY TECHNOLOGY CENTER
1201 W. WILLOW ROAD
ENID, OK 73703
AVAILABLE TO HELP PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS EXPLORE CAREER CHOICES.
STOP BY OR CALL 580.242.2750
TO DISCUSS OPPORTUNITIES.