TO PREPARE STUDENTS TO BE EMPLOYED IN EARLY CARE AND HOSPITALITY, FOOD SERVICE, OR HOUSEKEEPING.
This program prepares students for a rewarding career that shapes the lives of young children. It highlights classroom management along with child development, health, safety and nutrition. Students work with children, ages infant to five-years-old, in community early care and education centers. They create lesson plans that provide fun and instructional activities for the children.
CAREERS AVAILABLE IN THE INDUSTRY:
• Early care and education entry-level teacher
• Early care and education teacher assistant
• Early care and education master teacher
• Early care and education director
Tammie Conaway holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Northwestern Oklahoma State University. She began teaching in 1998 and came to Autry three years later. Mrs. Conaway’s goal is to help each of her students find their passion in life.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS:
• OKDHS-Entry Level Child Care Training
• OKDHS-Teacher Assistant
• OKDHS-Master Teacher
• OKDHS-Infant/Toddler Child Care Provider
• OKDHS-Child Care Director
• Heartsaver-CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant
• Food Handlers
• Early Learning Guidelines for Infants, Toddlers and Twos
• Early Learning Guidelines for 3-5 year olds
• Safe Sleep Training
EXPLORE RELATED PROGRAMS