TO PREPARE INDIVIDUALS TO ENTER THE COLLISION REPAIR INDUSTRY AS COMPETENT TECHNICIANS.
This course provides students with training to repair or replace auto body parts using hand and power tools. Students also learn to refinish surfaces through painting or spot painting. Some topics covered are safety, welding and cutting techniques, identification and analysis of damage, measuring and texturing systems, and refinishing from minor repairs to total paint jobs.
CAREERS AVAILABLE IN THE INDUSTRY:
• Body shop owner
• Estimator/insurance adjuster
• Body shop manager
• Refinish technician
• Body repair technician
• Plastics repair technician
Mark Wright joined the Autry Technology Center team in 2006. Prior to joining Autry, Mr. Wright worked for Barber Dyson Ford as a combination technician. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Career and Technical Education in 2006. Mr. Wright is ASE certified and has I-Car training.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS:
• CRR: Non-Structural Analysis & Damage Repair
• CRR: Mechanical & Electrical Components
• CRR: Painting & Refinishing
• CRR: Structural Analysis & Damage Repair
• CRR: Damage Analysis & Estimating