To empower entrepreneurs and emerging businesses that will have a significant impact on the local and state economy through the creation of new businesses and jobs.
FROM CONCEPT TO CORPORATION...
WE HELP BRING YOUR IDEAS TO LIFE.
The James W. Strate Center for Business Development at Autry Technology Center provides professional business training to those interested in starting, expanding or operating a small business. This is accomplished by using simple tools to develop operational plans, financial documents and a network of peers.
SERVICES OFFERED AT THE JAMES
W. STRATE CENTER FOR BUSINESS
- Start-up Resources
- Small Business Coaching
- Self-Employment Training (SET)
- Business Plan Development
- Access to Seed Capital
- Occupancy in a Certified Business Incubator
- Contract Identification and Bid Matching
- Construction Plan Room
On average the Center works with 80 conceptual businesses and start-ups annually through the self-employment training program which includes the Entrepreneurs Inspire Bootcamp with OSU and the spring small business academy.
- Autry has 23,170 total square feet of incubation space.
- Space is to be used by viable businesses to start, grow, or expand. All areas are designed to be flexible for use as office, lab or manufacturing activities.
- Autry is outside the 500-year flood plain and does not fall within a wetlands or habitat-sensitive area.
- Autry is within the flight path of Vance Air Force Base and the airspace of Woodring Municipal Airport.
- There are currently no well sights on Autry property; however, all mineral rights and drilling activities are controlled by the superintendent and board of education.
- Industrial copier
- Industrial plotter/printer and scanner
- Access to publication design software
- Access to Dodge Construction Projects and Leads software
- Fourteen-person multimedia conference room
- Six-person conference room
- Access to large office equipment
- Expansion and diversification opportunities
- Oklahoma State income tax exemption for up to ten years
- Space available for office, lab and manufacturing
- Service, technology, manufacturing, logistics, and agriculture-related businesses
- New or young companies
- Existing companies moving from outside the area
- To be located in The Center, the business must have a well-prepared and maintained business plan, a product/service that is viable and market ready, and plans for full-time business.