TO PREPARE INDIVIDUALS TO ENTER THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY.
Extensive training in leading-edge automotive diagnostic and repair techniques is offered in this program. Specialty areas covered are electrical systems, brakes, steering, suspension, AC/heating, engine repair and engine performance.
Per Hour (OK Salary Ranges)
2021 Oklahoma salary ranges were obtained from O*Net OnLine
James Chastain came to teach at Autry Technology Center in 2000. He is ASE Master Certified in auto and diesel. Mr. Chastain also holds a bachelor’s degree in Career and Technical Education. He assisted in the writing of curriculum and competency tests for the State Department of Career and Technical Education and helped develop the first CNG curriculum and taught the first class for the state. Outside of the classroom, James enjoys raising donkeys and pigs.
CAREERS AVAILABLE IN THE INDUSTRY:
- Auto parts remanufacturer
- Car dealer
- Dealership technician
- Specialty technician
- Parts sales
- Service writer
- Educational entities
- Specialty shop owner
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Forklift Safety
- Snap-On Meter Certification
- Rotor Matching Technician – Pro-Cut International
- Fluke Meter Safety Certification
- ALLDATA: Automotive Information Specialist
MOBILE AIR CONDITIONING SOCIETY (MACS)
- Refrigerant Recycling and Recovery
ASE EDUCATION FOUNDATION & NATIONAL AUTOMOTIVE TRAINING AND EDUCATION FOUNDATION (NATEF)
- AST: Brakes (ASE Student)
- AST: Engine Performance (ASE Student)
- AST: Steering and Suspension (ASE Student)
- AST: Engine Repair (ASE Student)
- AST: Electrical and Electronic Systems (ASE Student)
- AST: Heating & Air Conditioning (ASE Student)
EXPLORE RELATED PROGRAMS:
STEPS TO APPLY
CONTACT A CAREER COUNSELOR AFTER RECEIVING A CONFIRMATION EMAIL.
A CAREER COUNSELOR WILL ADVISE ENROLLMENT OPTIONS.
WHERE TO APPLY
AUTRY TECHNOLOGY CENTER
1201 W. WILLOW ROAD
ENID, OK 73703
AVAILABLE TO HELP PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS EXPLORE CAREER CHOICES.
STOP BY OR CALL 580.242.2750
TO DISCUSS OPPORTUNITIES.