This job is primarily responsible for the maintenance, servicing, and inspection of all facility equipment and general facility maintenance. Additional responsibilities may be required that are highly skilled maintenance tasks e.g. electrical, fabrication, welding, cutting, blue print reading, carpentry, etc.
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive nor imply that these are the only duties to
be performed by the incumbent in this job. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed
or may perform related duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Actual responsibilities will vary depending on daily needs and type of facility.
• Fully participate in the company Safety Program and attends daily pre-shift meetings.
• Perform all duties within compliance of OSHA, company safety, and environmental regulations
(ISO where applicable); including wearing appropriate PPE for task being performed.
• Perform daily walk-through of facility and equipment, plan and prioritize day based on
facility needs and supervisor input.
• Perform routine inspections and preventative maintenance (per manufacturer’s recommendations
and company policies) to maximize equipment life and reduce downtime.
• Troubleshoot reported or discovered equipment issues; repair or replace defective parts or
requests assistance as needed.
• Maintain needed inventory to complete routine tasks and maintenance.
• Complete documentation timely, accurately and legibly.
• Perform general housekeeping and clean-up of all work areas.
• Utilize understanding of industry standards and research information to ensure regulatory
• Other duties as assigned; such as performing highly skilled maintenance where applicable
(electrical, fabrication, welding, cutting, blue print reading, carpentry, etc.).
- Intermediate to advanced level of understanding of mechanical maintenance, knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Basic mathematical skills (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Ability to accept and follow directions.
- Ability to apply common sense and logical thought process to interpret oral and written communications and recommend alternative solutions to mechanical problems.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
Required – High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent experience.
Required – None.
Preferred – 1 years’ experience working in an industrial environment with a dependable work record.
Preferred – Mechanical Maintenance Certificate.