TO PREPARE INDIVIDUALS TO ENTER THE AIR CONDITIONING/ REFRIGERATION TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY AS COMPETENT TECHNICIANS.
The program prepares students for employment in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems. Course instruction includes electrical controls, EPA refrigerant handling practices, refrigeration theory, gas piping practices and furnace operation.
CAREERS AVAILABLE IN THE INDUSTRY:
• Air conditioning technician
• Heating technician
• Central and window unit installer
• Refrigeration technician
• Mechanical maintenance worker
• HVAC Controls Technician
Brian Terrell is a 1990 graduate of Autry Technology Center and a 1994 graduate of Oklahoma State University, Okmulgee. He has over 25 years of experience in the field. Mr. Terrell joined the Autry team in 2016.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS:
• Environmental Protection Agency for Refrigerant Handlers (EPA)
• Oklahoma Construction Industries Board Mechanical
• Partnership for Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Accreditation (PAHRA)