TO PREPARE INDIVIDUALS TO ENTER THE AIR CONDITIONING/ REFRIGERATION TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY AS COMPETENT TECHNICIANS.
The program prepares students for employment in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems. Course instruction includes electrical controls, EPA refrigerant handling practices, refrigeration theory, gas piping practices and furnace operation.
Per Hour (OK Salary Ranges)
2020 Oklahoma salary ranges were obtained from O*Net OnLine
Brian Terrell is a 1990 graduate of Autry Technology Center and a 1994 graduate of Oklahoma State University, Okmulgee. He has over 25 years of experience in the field. Mr. Terrell joined the Autry Tech team in 2016.
CAREERS AVAILABLE IN THE INDUSTRY:
- Air conditioning technician
- Heating technician
- Central and window unit installer
- Refrigeration technician
- Mechanical maintenance worker
- HVAC Controls Technician
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Environmental Protection Agency for Refrigerant Handlers (EPA)
- Oklahoma Construction Industries Board Mechanical Apprentice Registration
- Partnership for Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Accreditation (PAHRA)
EXPLORE RELATED PROGRAMS:
STEPS TO APPLY
CONTACT A CAREER COUNSELOR AFTER RECEIVING A CONFIRMATION EMAIL.
A CAREER COUNSELOR WILL ADVISE ENROLLMENT OPTIONS.
WHERE TO APPLY
AUTRY TECHNOLOGY CENTER
1201 W. WILLOW ROAD
ENID, OK 73703
AVAILABLE TO HELP PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS EXPLORE CAREER CHOICES.
STOP BY OR CALL 580.242.2750
TO DISCUSS OPPORTUNITIES.